[gmx-users] Gromacs Basics

lijo skb lijo.skb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 14:12:36 CET 2006

Dear Abraham

I am appreciating you for the gentle reply, even though i am a computer
backgrounder, started to study classical and mechanical physics to better
understanding of Gromacs. Many of the Gromacs command are possessing
diffrent messages(that would have to show as such in tutorial).  As
mentioned in the some group mails i struggled to find the starting point of
Gromacs.

Thankyou Indeed

On 10/29/06, Mark Abraham <Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au> wrote:

> lijo skb wrote:
> > Dear friend,
> >
> > I am Lijo a researcher in bioinformatics,  I would like to know about
> > Gromacs form its basics. Most of the toutorials are less digestive for
> > me , perhaps that may be becose i am a computer backgrounder. To work
> > with Gromacs should i have strong knowledge on MD theory?
>
> Reading the first few chapters of the GROMACS manual is a good start.
> There's more than a few textbooks out there that will give similar
> information from slightly more general viewpoints.
>
> <joke mode="on">Otherwise, you could do what most new people on here
> seem to do, which is to jump straight into a difficult simulation
> without doing any background reading or looking at methods other people
> have used to solve similar problems, then come to a crashing halt at the
> first roadblock, and post a poorly-considered and misspelled email to
> this list :-)</joke>
>
> Mark

Lijo Anto M.A, MCA, Mphil .
SooryaKiran Bioinformatics