[gmx-users] Creation of an index file with seperate lipid leaflets

Alan Dodd anoddlad at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 17:35:32 CET 2006

Wouldn't shuffle/sort undo all the good work?  I did
wonder if I should have labelled the lipids in
different leaflets as different molecule types, or
different chains, but it's a bit late now...

--- Jay Mashl <mashl at uiuc.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Alan Dodd wrote:
> > Has anyone already created a way to generate an
> > file with the atoms from the two leaflets of a
> bilayer
> > listed seperately?  I can't believe it hasn't
> already
> > been done, but can't find a direct description of
> > solution.  I'm attempting a modification to
> make_ndx,
> > (or perhaps something considerably less ambitious,
> > judging by the way it's going so far) to permit
> lipid
> > selection based on headgroup orientation, though
> I'd
> > quite like to save myself the effort.
> > Incidentally, splitres and splitat seem to be the
> > wrong way around, unless I'm misunderstanding them
> -
> > they do the opposite of what they say.  From the
> > gromacs 3.3.1 source download I did on April of
> this
> > year.
>
> Reordering the lipids into leaflets in your starting
> coordinate
> file might be a good idea. If you anticipate lipid
> exchange between leaflets,
> then a more general tool like what you suggest would
> be helpful.
>
> Jay

> Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the
> list. Use the
> www interface or send it to
> gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.
> Can't post? Read
> http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420k for $1,399/mo.
Calculate new payment!
http://www.LowerMyBills.com/lre