[gmx-users] simulations of crystal cell possible?

tejender thakur tejenderthakur at india.com
Mon Nov 20 17:13:24 CET 2006

Dear Rongliang
 i tried to simulate some small organic crystals using gromacs. but not succeded much but i would like to share my experiences.  if crystal size is very small than the cut of length you have take more than one lattice in order to do simulation i.e you have to generage the pdb with large cell.one more you have take care is the cryatal symmtry gromacs don't have provision to track symmtry but your cell dimentions(scaled here to maintain the cutoff cretria) and the angles can work well with it(no choice here).also option pbc=full is a good choice.

with wishes
teje

Search for products and services at:
http://search.mail.com