[gmx-users] Installing GROMACS

Mark Zottola mzottola at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 02:55:28 CET 2006

I am trying to install GROMACS on a Linux Workstation with RedHat WS version
4 (their latest).  In order to that I needed to install a fast fourier
transform  package.  That installtion failed due to apparent lack of
installation of GLIBC_24.  The libc.so.6 was apparently missing, according
to the rpm error message.  However, I was able to find that file.  So is
this a path problem?  If so, where can I put the file so it can be seen for
the fft routine?  Since I am using the most recent version of RedHat (which
I think is GLIBC_25 or 26), moving down to GLIBC_24 seems less than optimal.

Suggestions anyone?