[gmx-users] number of solvent molecule

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed Nov 29 11:10:32 CET 2006

The -num output (non-optional I think) shows the number of (for
instance) solvent molecules within distance r at each frame. Is that not
exactly what you are trying to find out? r = 0.35 nm by default, but may
be set to 0.6 with the -r flag. Now, disregard what I wrote in my last
mail, because you DO want to use the -contact flag since it allows
analysis of non-hydrogen-bonding atoms.

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 18:08 +0000, chiradip chatterjee wrote:
> Hi Erik
> I went through the documentation of g_hbond, But I
> think it does not give me the number of solvent
> molecules present in a solvent shell arround my
> protein. I am able to calculate no. of contacts
> between protein and solvent but that is not equal to
> the no of molecule present.

Isn't it? I do not see the difference, since contact means 'within
distance r', r being 0.6 nm in your case. What is your solvent by the
way?