[gmx-users] AMBER atom type for Hydroxamate moeity

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Thu Nov 30 14:52:18 CET 2006

Maybe, one could also think about calculating the RESP charges via QM,
e.g. with Gaussian...Further parameters, like force-constants and
dihedrals could also be evaluated...

But what's against an expensive random number generator?
I fear I'm doing this with FEP all day long...;)

Raja: We are (mostly) not doing LEGO here. You should inform yourself
about the theoretic parts in general. Then you would see, that LEGOing a
molecule can't be feasible....I suggest e.g. Leach, Molecular Modelling,
Section 3: Empirical force field models.
There you can find lots of information about what MD in general resembles.

Best regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310