[gmx-users] fftw and gromacs..

Brian O'Brien bobrien at ucalgary.ca
Wed Oct 11 15:31:13 CEST 2006

Hi... I read the FAQ on using gromacs with FFTW...
I set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, yet when trying to make gromacs, at the ./
configure point, it still complains about not being able to find fftw
configure: error: Cannot find fftw3f library

ls /usr/local/lib/*fftw*
/usr/local/lib/libfftw.a  /usr/local/lib/libfftw.la  /usr/local/lib/
libfftw3.a  /usr/local/lib/libfftw3.la  /usr/local/lib/librfftw.a  /
usr/local/lib/librfftw.la

I made and installed fftw by:
./configure
make
sudo make install

I have read something about setting flags for fftw but do not know
where to modify these flags...

help?