[gmx-users] Re: Re: GENION: Ions inside the protein (Viswanadham Sridhara & Tsjerk Wassenaar)

Una Bjarnadottir una.bjarnadottir at ucd.ie
Wed Oct 11 18:43:17 CEST 2006

Thank you so much for your response Viswanadham Sridhara and Tsjerk
Wassenaar Still I seem to be doing something wrong because the ions
always end up in the active site cleft!. This is what I do: 1. I move
the 2 watermolecules (all three atoms) which I don't want to be replaced
at the bottom of the .gro file generated from genbox 2. Than I make
another .gro file using genconf to renumber the atoms 3. Make a .ndx
file from the renumbered .gro file and than delete the last 6 atoms from
the [SOL] group 4. Run genion after grompp using the .ndx file and
choose group [SOL] and a new .gro file is generated If you could comment
on this than that would be highly appreaciated. Best regards, Una you
might have deleted just one atom of water molecule. Ex: If you are using
SPC water , you have to delete all 3 atoms in index file. Best way is to
make changes in .gro file.. Renumber the resulting .gro file using
genconf, make a new index file and start running. On 10/10/06, Una