[gmx-users] charged lipids

Alan Dodd anoddlad at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 11:24:49 CEST 2006

I've been searching through the Gromacs files, site
etc looking to see if anyone has used charged lipids
in a simulation and can't find any evidence of this.
I don't see any reason why this should be impossible
to do, granted there'll need to be a fair few
counterions, but I'm not intending to do a pure
bilayer, just dope the existing one with a few
negative charges.  And a high concentration of ions
near the membrane is not entirely unrealistic, I
believe.  So does anyone know of any gromacs stuff
using negative lipids, or alternatively a reason why
this hasn't been done?
Thanks,
Alan Dodd
University of Bristol