[gmx-users] cyclic peptides

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 10:06:48 CEST 2006

Hi Giacomo,

Did pdb2gmx finish without errors? You have a cyclic peptide and
pdb2gmx will normally add N- and C-termini. You can override that by
using the -ter flag on the pdb2gmx command line and select "none" for
both termini. Then you have to edit the .top file and add the required
bonds, angles and dihedrals to make the peptide cyclic. Gromacs can't
do that for you (at present; maybe a -cyclic option in pdb2gmx for
peptides might come in handy if there is substantial demand for
simulations of cyclic peptides).

But I'm a bit concerned about the error genbox gives. It complains
that it can't find the topology you say you want it to read (-p
1KAL.top). If that is the topology you think you've generated with
pdb2gmx, check it's output and check your directory listing.

Best,

Tsjerk