[gmx-users] Protein-Ligand Interactions

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 10:18:23 CEST 2006

Hi Mitch,

Not sure whether anybody has the topologies lying around, but in order
to get the behaviour of the carbohydrate rings right, you need to have
the sugar parameters from the GROMOS 45a3 (or later) force field from
Roberto Lins and Wilfred van Gunsteren. Depending on the length of the
NAG chain, maybe it's best to define the building blocks in the
ffG*.rtp file. Alternatively, you can generate a topology for NAG by
hand, using the sugar building blocks present in ffG43a5.rtp,
ffG53a5.rtp or ffG53a6.rtp as a template. Do make sure to use the
correct bond/angle/dihedral definitions, since things have changed
between these force fields and 43a2. Also, if you manage, please share
your building blocks/NAG topology through the users contribution
section of the gromacs site.

I'm not even sure if this helps you a lot. As you see, it can take
quite a bit of effort to get a topology for a non-standard molecule,
especially if you want to get it "right".

Best,

Tsjerk