[gmx-users] L-BFGS energy minimization wrong!

zzhwise1 zzhwise1 at 163.com
Sat Oct 28 06:37:51 CEST 2006

hi everyone !
   i have ask some questions about energy minimization before ,but still,there are problems !this time it show:
Program mdrun, VERSION 3.3.1
Source code file: nsgrid.c, line: 226

Range checking error:
Explanation: During neighborsearching, we assign each particle to a grid
based on its coordinates. If your system contains collisions or parameter
errors that give particles very high velocities you might end up with some
coordinates being +-Infinity or NaN (not-a-number). Obviously, we cannot
put these on a grid, so this is usually where we detect those errors.
Make sure your system is properly energy-minimized and that the potential
energy seems reasonable before trying again.

Variable ci has value -2147483648. It should have been within [ 0 .. 250 ]
Please report this to the mailing list (gmx-users at gromacs.org)

and my gro has no problem!my mdp is :
title               = lbfilm, 300K
cpp                 =  /bin/cpp
define              =
constraints         =  none
integrator          =  l-bfgs
;dt                  =  0.002 ; ps !
nsteps              =  5000 ; total 60 ns.
nstlog              =  1
nstenergy           =  1
emtol               =  10.0
emstep              =  0.01
;nstcgsteep          =  10
niter               =  20
nbfgscorr           =  10
nstlist             =  1
ns_type             =  grid
pbc                 =  xyz
coulombtype         =  PME
rlist               =  1.1
rcoulomb            =  1.1
vdwtype             = switch
rvdw-switch         = 0.9
rvdw                = 1.0
Dispcorr            = EnerPres

my system is two parell monolayes  and the distance is 1.5 nm !
could any one give me any advice?
thanks!