[gmx-users] May I use "-b" and "- e" in the cosine co n tent calculation of PC?

M. Yan yanmaocai at 126.com
Mon Sep 11 13:11:04 CEST 2006

Thank you, Tsjerk & David.
Judging from RMSD and other analysis, the system has been in well equilibrium at 5 ns; (however, the cosine contents of last 25 ns and whole 30 ns are also higher than 0.7.) The RMSD during the last 25 nanoseconds (compared to the conformation at 5ns) is within 0.25 nm. After read your letter, I think that the PC1 may be useful, but it cannot represent the global motion of the protein very well because it has not been sampled sufficiently; that is, the significant conformation change observed in PC1 may in fact occur BY ACCIDENT. Did I understand right?
And do you think it will help if I perform multiple MD simulations to test the reproducibility, just as David suggested? (It is quite time-consuming.)

Best regards.

Mao-Cai Yan