[gmx-users] Re: Simulation problem with extended membrane system!

liu xin zgxjlx at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 05:39:45 CEST 2006

If I solvate my GPCR into the DPPC128 system using genbox, there are only
about 50 lipids left, which I think are too few, so I want a larger starting
structure.

According to your note, when I did step 3, loaded my DPPC183 system to VMD,
I found the edges lined up poorly, there is are gaps between two periodic
cells. I also try other system like DPPC200, DPPC150, but only the original
dppc128 system, I've equilibrated it for 2ns,  have no  gap between two
periodic cells.

So, I will try another starting structure, like POPC, DMPC or your POPE. But
I still can't figure out why there are gaps when using genbox to extend the
DPPC system.