[gmx-users] Hi...

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Sep 14 16:22:14 CEST 2006

Navratna Vajpai wrote:
> Sorry for not so explicitly explaining the things.. Here it goes
> I have a nona peptide and I ran a MD of 20ns using OPLS-AA force field.
> when I used the OPLS-AA the phi angles came out to be -ve for three of
> the amino acids. which is stericaly not allowed. But when I ran it using
> GROMOS I found all the phi-psi combinations with a negative phi value
> distribution. But now I am lost as you have said it works only for
> GROMOS like force field. Why?

problem in the anaysis program (assuming you used g_rama). please use
g_angle.

> and if that so I have got -ve phi distribution for the other phi-psi plots.
> My other question remained unanswered even now. Is there any way really
> to judge which force field is to be chosen for particular type of analysis?
> Best regards
> Thanks

what do you mean with -ve ?

force field can be evaluated in many ways.

Start by checking this paper and references in them:

Hydration thermodynamic properties of amino Acid analogues: a systematic
comparison of biomolecular force fields and water models.

     * Hess B,
     * van der Vegt NF.

J Phys Chem B Condens Matter Mater Surf Interfaces Biophys. 2006 Sep
7;110(35):17616-26.

--
David.
phone:	46 18 471 4205		fax: 46 18 511 755