[gmx-users] CHARMM force field implementation in Gromacs :

Nicolas SAPAY nsapay at ucalgary.ca
Thu Sep 14 19:37:44 CEST 2006

Thanks for your answers (I had forgotten this comment in the script).

The problem is that most of dihedral with multiplicity n >= 6 don't come
alone. For exemple in Arg :

        HD1 HE
    |    |   |    //
  --CG--CD--NE--CZ
    |    |         \
        HD2

is defined by 6 dihedral with n>=6 (CG-CD-NE-HE, ..., HD2-CD-NE-CZ)> They
are all of the same type (X-CT2-CT2-X). So, if I understand well, the
result should be OK since, for example, CG-CD-NE-HE and CG-CD-NE-CZ are
not a combination of different type of dihedrals with n >= 6.

The problems happen when a combination of different types of dihedral are
used (for example if CG-CD-NE-HE is of type A and CG-CD-NE-CZ is of type
B). In this case, one possibility is to hack the Gromacs code by allowing
a 6th Ryckaert-Bellemans parameter (?)

Cheers

Nico