[gmx-users] Surface Tension Calculation

toma0052 toma0052 at umn.edu
Fri Sep 15 00:04:32 CEST 2006

Hi,
     I posted a question a few days ago regarding the calculation of the
surface tension of a lipid bilayer in Gromacs.  The response that I got was
to use the option "#Surf*SurfTens" in g_energy.  I am not really sure how
to do this.  I have looked at the g-energy file in Gromacs, and I don't see
any option that is "#Surf*SurfTens".  Maybe the file name is wrong, or I am
running an older version of Gromacs or something.  Let me know if is there
is a way to calculate the surface tension of a lipid bilayer within the
Gromacs program, or if it is necessary for me to modify the code.  (The
more detailed the better. I am new to Gromacs)

Thanks,
Mike Tomasini