[gmx-users] The right way of killing Gromacs

Erik Lindahl lindahl at cbr.su.se
Fri Sep 15 12:05:59 CEST 2006

Hi,

mdrun finishes on the next step when receiving TERM, and on the next
multiple of nstxout when receiving USR1.

On some systems, the USR1/SIGHUP is only sent to the parent MPI
program, not the actual mdrun process, and then there isn't much we
can do.

In your case, try altering the signals in src/kernel/md.c and see if
you get it working if you change both signals to cause an exit on the
next step.

Cheers,

Erik