[gmx-users] Recover corrupted files from DVD

Nuno Ricardo Loureiro Ferreira nunolf at ci.uc.pt
Thu Sep 21 11:39:08 CEST 2006

Hi *

I burned several DVD's during a project (and deleted the original files after having verified the saved data, no disk space ;-), and today I just realized that I'm having problems getting the data from one of them, and unfortunely corresponds more or less to the middle of a certain trajectory.

Do you guys think that running again that missing part of the traj from the last saved .trr, will give me the same results?
It was run on a box that I no longer have access. Do the trajs done in different boxes give different (or slightly different) trajs using the same gmx version?

BTW, do you recommend any soft that I can use to try to try to recover files froma CD/DVD (iso9600)?

Best regards,
Nuno