[gmx-users] energy minimization end too early!

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 15:08:47 CEST 2006

Hi Zzhwise1,

Energy minimization does not need to run all steps. You define a
maximum number, but maybe the minimum is already reached before that.
On the other hand, the energy may have gone to infinity, which usually
puts an end to minimization. Check the energies you get during/after
minimization. Check for overlaps, bad starting structures, bad box,
etc.

Tsjerk

--
Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.
Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute (GBB)