[gmx-users] defining new residues?

Dongsheng Zhang dong at pampas.chem.purdue.edu
Thu Sep 28 21:02:05 CEST 2006

It is possible to generate new "residues". First of all, you need to
make a decision which force field you will use for your new residues.
For example, you will choose opls. then you add one building block into
ffoplsaa.rtp. As you read ffoplsaa.rtp, you can see that you need to
specify atoms' name, type, and the partial charge, you also need to
define bonds and the dihedral angle between atoms. When you build it,
you need to refer ffoplsaanb.itp ffoplsaabon.itp and ffoplsaa.atp. You
might modify aminoacids.dat, ffoplsaa-n.tdb' ffoplsaa-c.tdb as well.

You can read the manual to get more information.