[gmx-users] Lipid Bilayer Simulations

Alan Dodd anoddlad at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 13:12:18 CEST 2006

Configuring the .itp files etc initially is a bit
tricksy without knowing what you're doing, the short
not-very-helpful answer is "read the manual".  There's
a whole chapter (5?) on forcefield files and their
formats.
It's entirely possible to set it all up so that
pdb2gmx does in fact work, but to do this you need to
edit the forcefield files in the main gromacs folder
for these things (add your lipid.itp and dppc.itp, add
"#include" for each of these to your forcefield of
choice).  Anyways:  I'd guess it was complaining
initially because #include files were in the wrong
order in your .top, and then subsequently because you
removed the reference to lipid.itp (which you need).
Unless someone can be of more help, I suggest you just
tinker.