[gmx-users] publishing with development version of Gromacs

N-J.M. Macaluso njmm2 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 2 13:03:52 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am running protein simulations in an explicit membrane environment, and
have found that the CVS development version of Gromacs works much faster
than the released version. Is it okay to publish simulations performed on
the development version? What kind of validation would I need if I were to
do this? For instance, if I compared the first 10 ns of a simulation
between the development and released versions and found that they were
substantially the same, could I complete the simulations (40 more ns) with
the CVS version?

I would appreciate any insight on this topic.

Thanks,

Max Macaluso