[gmx-users] Does Gromacs record all pairwise energies and forces?

Lee-Ping leeping at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 2 20:25:21 CEST 2007

Dear community,

I'm trying to access the individual pairwise energies and forces in an
MD simulation, but from looking at the source code, it looks like the
individual pairwise energies and forces exist only in the inner-loops.
I've been asking GROMACS to print the forces out to a file by modifying
the inner-loops, but this is a serious hamper on performance.  Does
GROMACS store this information anywhere?  Thanks in advance,

- Lee-Ping Wang