[gmx-users] how to run parallel jobs in gromacs

Anupam Nath Jha anupam at mbu.iisc.ernet.in
Mon Aug 6 18:41:55 CEST 2007

Now i am using this much only:

#This is a PBS script for Parallel Jobs
#!/bin/bash -f
#PBS -o /home/anupam/MD/lyd
#PBS -e /home/anupam/MD/lyd
#PBS -q default

cd /home/anupam/MD/lyd

mpirun -np 4 /usr/local/gromacs/bin/mdrun_mpi -v -deffnm em

but still it's giving this error:
totalnum=2  numhosts=1
there are not enough hosts on which to start all processes

--
Science is facts; just as houses are made of stone, so is science is made of
facts; but a pile of stones is not a house, and  a collection of facts is not

Anupam Nath Jha
Ph. D. Student
Saraswathi Vishveshwara Lab
Molecular Biophysics Unit