[gmx-users] Constrains and TI

bmmothan at ucalgary.ca bmmothan at ucalgary.ca
Wed Aug 8 19:38:41 CEST 2007

Thank you for the reply,

Sorry for the confusion of my two emails. I guess I was using the word
"pulling" in the wrong context. Now after my extensive reading, what I
meant  is that i want to calculate the absoulte binding free energy of a
ligand/receptor complex.

I have read the manual over and looked at the tutorials, and came to the
idea that i can constrain distances b/w the ligand and the receptor and
input a distance for state B to vary the distance using lamda. (Manual 3.3
chapter 6 special topics, section 6.3 Calcuating the PMF using the
free-energy code)

I am using contraints type 2, which can be perturbed in free energy
calculations. here is what I used in my calculation:
[ constraints ]
; ai   aj  funct  length_A  length_B
  44   258   2     0.259    2.406
  123  179   2     0.329    2.334

I am currently running a 5ns using the slow-growth method to give me an
idea of what happens to the system.

I am also looking into using orientational-restrains and using a
thermodynamic cycle instead of PMF of the unbinding of the ligand to
receptor.

please correct me if I am wrong.

and thanks for ur help.

Belquis