[gmx-users] Storage of large output files

Joern Lenz JLenz at zbh.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Aug 9 09:46:28 CEST 2007

Hi Monika,
use
trjconv -f your_trr_file_is_big.trr -o your_trr_file_is_compresses.xtc
after your run.

or change the frequencies for writing out coordinates, velocities etc in your
mdp file like:

nstvout       = 1000	; frequency to write velocities to output trajectory,
                                   	; the last velocities are always written
nstxout       = 1000	;frequency to write coordinates to output trajectory,
                                  	; the last coordinate are always written
nstlog        = 1000		;frequency to write energies topology file,
                                 	; last energies are always written

hope that helps
greetings
joern