[gmx-users] Storage of large output files

Martin Höfling martin.hoefling at gmx.de
Fri Aug 10 09:40:52 CEST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 9. August 2007 schrieb Monika Sharma:

Here,

We first thought about our own backup system but the local computing center
provides a nice backup infrastructure based on Tivoli, so asking there would
be worth a try.
The gui-client is ugly but dsmc works fine and can be used from scripts as
well. The only problem we had were timeouts when transferring large files
over 100Mbit Ethernet, which aren't an issue since our connection to the
computing center is now GB Ethernet.

Just as my personal opinion: I wouldn't consider DVDs and (plain-)HDDs as a
serious backup media but maybe I am to conservative about this.

Best
	Martin