[gmx-users] Re: question about free energy. Gromacs user

bmmothan at ucalgary.ca bmmothan at ucalgary.ca
Sat Aug 11 00:21:47 CEST 2007

Thank you David and Arneh for the comments.

I just have a couple of things i want to clarify about the constrain
distances i used.  The distance I used to pull the ligand and receptor
apart was a non-bonded distance between the amide nitrogen of the ligand
and the oxygen carbonyl of the receptor (on both ends).  looking at the
slowgrowth results of my 5 ns, the distances i specifed increased from
lambda 0 to 1, however, I didnt get separation as I wanted it since the
ends just separated and the middle interaction of the ligand-receptor
stayed intact. nothing unusal happened to the ligand or receptor.
I dont think my method altered the internal degrees of freedom of the
ligand. Can you please clarify this issue for me.

I used constraint=all-bonds in my mdp file.

Again, thanks you both for the comments.

Belquis