[gmx-users] viewing .xvg plots in windows environment

Florian Haberl Florian.Haberl at chemie.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Aug 13 12:24:27 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Monday, 13. August 2007 10:47, Terry Nelson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to view my GROMACS ".xvg" outputs (2D plots) in windows XP
> environment. Can anyone please suggest a good way to do this?

Use the option -noxvgr

 -[no]xvgr   bool    yes  Add specific codes (legends etc.) in the output
                            xvg files for the xmgrace program

Than you can easily import it in your favourite analyse program (excel,
statistica, spss ...)

If you want to use xmgrace with windows you need an installation of cygwin and
an x server (www.cygwin.com).

greetings,

Florian

 Florian Haberl
 Computer-Chemie-Centrum
 Universitaet Erlangen/ Nuernberg
 Naegelsbachstr 25
 D-91052 Erlangen
 Telephone:  	+49(0) − 9131 − 85 26581
 Mailto: florian.haberl AT chemie.uni-erlangen.de