[gmx-users] RE: problems with parallel mdrun

singh singh at biophysik.chemie.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Aug 13 14:52:38 CEST 2007

Dear Mark and Carsten,
Thanks for the reply
Manually setting the grid dimensions works but I have a doubt

Since I am using  walls in my simulations with wall_ewald_zfac =3
Will it be more appropriate to use
Fourier_nx=52
Fourier_ny=52
Fourier_nz=156

Or to leave Fourier_nz=52 and grompp will extend it ?
The other suggested approach doesn't work as grompp from Gromacs 3.3.1  does
not recognize the wall options of mdp files and gives errors. so it seems
that back compatibility will not be there specially when using new features
in mdp files.

With Regards
Gurpreet Singh

University of Dortmund
Department of Chemistry
Physical Chemistry I  -  Biophysical Chemistry
Otto-Hahn Str. 6
D-44227 Dortmund
Germany
Office:   C1-06 room 176