[gmx-users] version 3.3.1 .tpr file with version 3.2 g_order

Michael mjskaug at ucdavis.edu
Mon Aug 13 19:29:46 CEST 2007

        The g_order tool in gromacs 3.3.1 is broken.   I know that there
is a patch available that would fix it, but a colleague advised me that
recompiling g_order would not be quick and easy.  I therefore thought
that I might use g_order from gromacs 3.2, but it complains of a version
3.3.1 run input file with the version 3.2 g_order program.  The error
message is:

Fatal error: reading tpx file (./topol.2.tpr) version 40 with version 31
program

Is there any way that results from a simulation in gromacs 3.3.1 can be
analyzed with an older version tool?  For example, would it work to run
the version 3.3.1 .tpr file through the version 3.2 tpbconv program to
get a new .tpr file, or would it yield the same error?

Thanks for any suggestions
--Michael Skaug
University of California Davis