[gmx-users] Re: question about free energy. Gromacs user

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Tue Aug 14 09:21:57 CEST 2007

Because you are quite greedy with parameters, one can just rougly assume
that,e.g. your distance restraints are too short and therefore just kind
of bend your ligand. Therefore it seems to find an energy minimum in
modifiying some internal degrees of freedom to your restraint potential.
Maybe you have to apply simply more distance restraints along the whole
ligand. Maybe you should stick to methods like TI or pulling, which are
implemented and heavily used within GROMACS...

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310