[gmx-users] The output .Gro cannot be generated

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Aug 14 15:02:47 CEST 2007

Panichakorn Jaiyong wrote:
> Hi,

I think you would benefit from doing some tutorial material available on
the GROMACS website.

> My molecule is the cycloheptapeptide which contains a proline ring. The
> first  problem is the disapperance of 7 hydrogen atoms in rtp file, so I
> run pdb2gmx with -ignh to ignore them and using Gromacs force field. The
> second one is the warning that atom CA not found in residue 8 while
> adding atom.

7 atoms are not disappearing from an .rtp file when you use pdb2gmx. Why
are you ignoring the advice that pdb2gmx gives that the GROMACS force
field is deprecated?

I am not aware that pdb2gmx treats cyclic structures. In any case, you
should start with a linear version of your peptide and get that working
correctly first.

To actually get a cyclic .top working, you will need to tweak the
topology by hand to close the final peptide bond yourself. You will need
to read chapter 5 of the manual thoroughly, and work by analogy from the
other peptide bonds in your .top file.

> How does to solve with this?
> I try to pose the pdb in Prodrg site for a request of the .top file, but
> anything turns to me for 3 weeks.

It seems likely you made some mistake, like the wrong email address, or
not submitting.