[gmx-users] grompp -f em.mdp -c speptide.pdb -p \#spetide.top.1#\ -o speptide_empdb.tpr

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Aug 16 03:53:14 CEST 2007

huifang liu wrote:
> I typed this command:   grompp -f em.mdp -c speptide.pdb -p
> \#spetide.top.1#\ -o speptide_em.tpr
>  It responded to me like this:Invalid command line argument:
> speptide_empdb.tpr
> I am a new -learner.Can you tell me where the problem is.

Backslashes are used to "escape" characters to which your shell would
otherwise assign a special meaning. Depending on your shell "#" might
start a comment, so to prevent that, you use a backslash before it, in
order to let the shell know you really want that character. Putting a
backslash before a space doesn't do you any good...