[gmx-users] Ionic liquids

Sampo Karkola sampo.karkola at helsinki.fi
Thu Aug 16 07:45:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

nice to hear that someone else is also interested in doing MD in room
temperature ionic liquids. What kind of ions do you use? Bmim chlorides
perhaps, or do you have a larger counterion to bmim? Or a completely
different cation? As Mark pointed out, if you do not have a properly
parameterised  force field for ILs, the results probably are not
reliable, but I still would like to hear how did you define the
parameters and how the mdruns performed.

Regards,

Sampo

______________________________
Sampo Karkola