[gmx-users] Residue 'UNK' not found in residue topology database

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Thu Aug 16 18:05:48 CEST 2007

Sorry, but first I suggest: Read the error message!

Fatal error:
 > Residue 'UNK' not found in residue topology database

Now, what could this mean? This actually means, in the forcefield
residue database (e.g. ffoplsaa.rtp) exists no entry for a molecule
named UNK...
Rename the pdb to the expected name given in the rtp of the forcefield
for your molecule, or if, more likely, the molecule really doesn't exist
you have to build an entry by either building it from reasonable
available building blocks or parameterize it yourself...

And in general there's a very important rule to obey before posting to
this mailinglist: RTFM...

bye

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310