[gmx-users] Energy minimisation

JMandumpal jesbman at rediffmail.com
Sun Dec 2 13:05:21 CET 2007

Dear Gromacs users

When I run Energy minimisation using the command,

grompp -f em.mdp -p topol.top -c out.gro -o pr.tpr, I received the following error message.

 processing coordinates...
double-checking input for internal consistency...
ERROR: The cut-off length is longer than half the shortest box vector or longer than the smallest box diagonal element. Increase the box size or decrease rlist.

Program grompp, VERSION 3.3.2
Source code file: grompp.c, line: 1111

Fatal error:
There were 1 error(s) processing your input

MY BOX DIMENSION IS 20.1 * 20.1 * 20.1

I CHANGED THE RLIST, FOR A LOWER VALUE: STILL THE MESSAGE IS SAME.

Note: I copied the .mdp file form the gromacs users list ( DECMEBER 2001)

regards,
Jestin Mandumpal