[gmx-users] Energy minimisation

JMandumpal jesbman at rediffmail.com
Tue Dec 4 02:48:19 CET 2007

Dear Justin,

I made some changes in my .mdp file, but the result is same.

My box size, as mentioned in the previous mail, is 20.1 A. The cut off I used is 8 angstrom.

I attach the input file here.
**************************************

cpp            = /lib/cpp
define         = -DPOSRES-DFLEX_SPC
constraints    =  none
morse          =  no
integrator     = steep
nsteps         = 2000
; Energy minimizing
emtol          = 100
emstep         = 0.00001
nstcomm        = 1
ns_type        = grid
rlist          = 0.8
coulumbtype    = pme
rcoulomb       = 0.8
vdw-type       = cut-off
rvdw           = 0.8
nstenergy      = 10
Tcoupl         = no
Pcoupl         = no
gen_vel        = no

And the output message is :

creating statusfile for 1 node...

Back Off! I just backed up mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.5#
checking input for internal consistency...
calling /lib/cpp...
processing topology...
Generated 332520 of the 332520 non-bonded parameter combinations
Generating 1-4 interactions: fudge = 0.5
Generated 332520 of the 332520 1-4 parameter combinations
Excluding 2 bonded neighbours for SOL 258
NOTE:
  System has non-zero total charge: -2.580000e-01

processing coordinates...
double-checking input for internal consistency...
ERROR: The cut-off length is longer than half the shortest box vector or longer than the smallest box diagonal element. Increase the box size or decrease rlist.
Program grompp, VERSION 3.3.2
Source code file: grompp.c, line: 1111

Fatal error:
There were 1 error(s) processing your input

"Stop Drinking My Beer !" (The Amps)

HOW CAN I SETTLE THIS ISSUE?

REGARDS
JESTIN