[gmx-users] Re: abnormal flip-flop when embedding cholesterol into DOPC using CG

Xavier Periole X.Periole at rug.nl
Thu Dec 6 09:52:43 CET 2007

Dear Jian,

I do not see anything especially wrong in your file except may be the
pressure stuff. Try the following parameters. Your compressibility is
pretty low. That might be it.

tau_p                    = 1.20 1.20
compressibility          = 5e-5 5e-5
ref_p                    = 1.0  1.0

One other thing. In the CG FF the time step is considered as part of the
force field. Meaning that you should not play with it too much.
0.04-0.02 ps is the actual range where the force field is considered
to reproduce experimental values of various quantities used for
paraameterization of the FF. Outside this range you change the balance
between the different terms and thus would alter the quality of the FF.

XAvier
PS: I send the email to the gmx-users list. Other people might be
interested bu the answer.