Fw: Re: [gmx-users] Methanol SOL :Number of solventmolecules = 0

sharada sharada at ccmb.res.in
Tue Dec 11 13:24:33 CET 2007

Dear Dr. Xavier Periole,
Thank you for guiding me through. I could solve the problem of setting up the system for minimization. However  When  started minimization run for 2000 steps with steepest descent , I encountered yet another problem. which is as follows ..
Started Steepest Descents on node 0 Tue Dec 11 17:48:57 2007
Removing pbc first time
Done rmpbc
Steepest Descents:
   Tolerance (Fmax)   =  1.00000e+01
   Number of steps    =         2000
Grid: 4 x 5 x 4 cells
calc_bor: cg0=0, cg1=553, ncg=553
CG0[0]=0, CG1[0]=553
CG0[1]=0, CG1[1]=0
calc_bor: cg0=0, cg1=553, ncg=553
CG0[0]=0, CG1[0]=553
CG0[1]=0, CG1[1]=0
Configuring nonbonded kernels...
Testing AMD 3DNow support... not present.
Testing ia32 SSE support... present.
           Step           Time         Lambda
              0        0.00000        0.00000
calc_bor: cg0=0, cg1=553, ncg=553
CG0[0]=0, CG1[0]=553
CG0[1]=0, CG1[1]=0
Program mdrun, VERSION 3.3
Source code file: nsgrid.c, line: 226
Range checking error:
Explanation: During neighborsearching, we assign each particle to a grid
based on its coordinates. If your system contains collisions or parameter
errors that give particles very high velocities you might end up with some
coordinates being +-Infinity or NaN (not-a-number). Obviously, we cannot
put these on a grid, so this is usually where we detect those errors.
Make sure your system is properly energy-minimized and that the potential
energy seems reasonable before trying again.
Variable ci has value -2147483648. It should have been within [ 0 .. 80 ]
Please report this to the mailing list (gmx-users at gromacs.org)
Now where do I go from here? Its asking me to energy minimize the system which what I am trying to do ! What is this ci value and why is it so high? Kindly help me I am once again stuck.
regards
sharada