[gmx-users] How to choose lipid molecules?

Xavier Periole X.Periole at rug.nl
Thu Dec 13 16:10:41 CET 2007

That depends entirely on the system you be simulating. In general
you look at the type of membrane your system sits in and you try to
match it with the lipids available.
You also should look at the parameters that are available. Not all
lipids are as good as they should.

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:48:16 +0800
  "liang" <petrucci123 at vip.sina.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am a freshman to membrane  protein simulation, and i was wondering how to
>choose lipid molecules for my system.
> As we know, there are lots of lipid molecules: DMPC, DPPC, POPE.....
> but how do people decide that which type of lipid to use? and what kinds of
>criteria should we follow?
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> Liang

XAvier Periole - PhD