[gmx-users] coupling to water bath

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Dec 16 03:58:37 CET 2007

Quoting pragya chohan <pragyachohan at hotmail.com>:

> Dear Users
> I have a system in of protein with in bound chlorine ion. I also added Na ion
> to the system to neutralize charge on system. I have to couple the system to
> water bath. can i couple protein chlorine and Na together and solvent
> separately? or should i couple protein and chlorine together and solvent and
> na together?

You could do either.  Try make_ndx  -h.  But generally, when I simulate a
protein in water and ions, I simply couple the whole system to the same bath.
See here:

http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Thermostats

> I the later case -n option would take in 2 index files. then what should I
> do?

Specify both groups within the same index file.  Again, make_ndx -h.  Type
'help' for some examples.

-Justin

> Thanks in advance
> Tried the new MSN Messenger? It’s cool! Download now.
> http://messenger.msn.com/Download/Default.aspx?mkt=en-in

Justin A. Lemkul
Graduate Research Assistant
jalemkul at vt.edu | (540) 231-9080