[gmx-users] Force constant for umbrella sampling potential

dtmirij dtmirij at sandia.gov
Mon Dec 17 19:26:11 CET 2007

Farzad,
The force constant is up to you to define in the .ppa file you create for
umbrella sampling.

I ask the question about the 0.5 term because I am using Grossfield¹s WHAM
algorithm and it assumes that the biasing potential used has a 0.5 in front,
but I know for example CHARMM does not include the 0.5 and I just need to
know if this is also the case with gromacs.
Thank you.
-Dina