[gmx-users] membranes & proteins revisited

Alan Dodd anoddlad at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 13:58:16 CET 2007

Of course it's unnatural, it's a membrane made of gas instead of lipid ;)  I'd recommend that you equilibrate the "membrane" first, and check it actually behaves in a manner close enough to one for what you want - and then insert a protein into it.  You might want to look into the make_hole suite on the user contributions page, it's designed to make a hole in a lipid membrane for a protein, but I'm sure modifying it for argon would be rather trivial.