[gmx-users] center of mass removal

Christian Burisch burisch at bph.rub.de
Wed Dec 26 08:58:57 CET 2007

Hi again,

this is the COM velocity of the peptide only? Then these peaks are
perhaps a PBC artifact?!

Actually I never saw such a fast movement in my runs so far that the
solute was speeding through the box over and over. But perhaps the
velocity is so high in your case that one has to take care about that,
to prevent a flying ice cube. But as I said, removing just the solutes
COM velocity may create artifacts IMHO, too.

Perhaps one of the COM removal experts can comment here?! ;-)

Merry Xmas

C.