[gmx-users] mdrun error during pr

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 14:30:09 CET 2007

Hi Dhananjay,

Happy new year :)

Just what it says: not enough ref_t and tau_t values. You use
"Protein" and "Sol" as temperature coupling groups, but likely, you
also have ions in your system, which are not coupled now. You may want
to use "Protein" and "Non-Protein" in stead. In case you have some non
standard groups (modified amino acid, ligands, cofactors), you need to
use an index group. Do not think of giving a cofactor/ligand/small
group of ions a private heat bath. Check the archives using "Not
enough ref_t and tau_t values" as search string, or simply ref_t and
tau_t. You should've done that before posting, really, because this
issue has been dealt with several times already, including
explanations of why not giving private heat baths.

Cheers,

Tsjerk

--
Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.