[gmx-users] Benchmarking for Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 CPU

Eran Bosis bosis at post.tau.ac.il
Tue Jan 2 16:15:31 CET 2007

Hi All

We are considering purchasing an HP xw4400 workstation with
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 CPU. It is a quad-core and we were wondering
whether it would be 2x faster than a dual-core Intel Core 2 Duo E6700.
Meaning, we intend to run two seperate processes, each one using two cores,
would each of the processors run in the speed of a E6700?

Anyone has experience/benchmarking for this new processor ?

Any advice would be welcomed.

Eran

--
Eran Bosis