[gmx-users] Difference in the Forcefields and speed...

sharada sharada at ccmb.res.in
Thu Jan 4 07:55:03 CET 2007

Hello,
Thankyou Drs Mark Abraham and Caterina Arcangeli for the useful suggestions.  They  worked for me.  I could cat the two trr files and calculate the backbone g_rms values.  I have to yet see how much they deviate with the original structures. I have couple of questions:
If I do the MD studies using Gromacs 3.1 and Gromacs 3.3 with differennt forcefields like ffg43a1 and ffG53a5 respectively in the same simulating conditions how different would be my results ? or will there be any difference ?
Is there a difference  in the speed of the simulations say if I run them on SGI Octane R12000 and a Personal computer with 512 RAM Pentium III ? Incidently Gromacs 3.1 is loaded on Octane and Gromacs 3.3 on Pentium III .
Why I am asking the second question is that the time taken on Octane is much larger ( around 9 days) compared to the Pentium III (3 days) what may be the reason ?
Thanks for the patience ...
regards
A .Sharada  Devi
Technical Officer C