[gmx-users] Re : tau_p

chetana baliga baliga.chetana at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 14:11:44 CET 2007

Thank you, Sir. I read from the mailing list archives, that it is not
just the value of tau_p but the ratio of compressibility to tau_p
which matters in Berendsen presure coupling.  I am using SPC water as
the solvent. Is there any ideal value for compressibility to be used
for SPC water? i have used a value of 4.5e-5, and a tau_p of 1.0 ps,
and my pressure coupling is isotropic.  Should the tau_p value be
increased or decreased to get a pressure average closer to ref_p? [I
am getting an average of 4.6 bar, while my ref_p is 1.0 bar, after a
time period of 6 ns of md simulation].

Regards,

Chetana.